Feta In My Finger Nails
Glee!! Tuesdays are so much better when it’s not a repeat. Some of the show’s racy topics have been freaking me out this season, but tonight’s was alright.
Snack this after noon was a honey crisp + Justin’s Maple Almond Butter. Mmm I haven’t had an apple and AB in forever!
After work I headed to Big River Running Company to buy a running jacket! I got a gift certificate for my birthday and then bought a Groupon the other day, so I was pumped to get a nice jacket for little moolah:)
I talked to the workers about all kinds of fun running stuff, tried on a bunch of different jackets, and settled on this UnderArmour one.
Things I like about this jacket:
- Not restrictive when I swing my arms like some of the thicker jackets were
- Nice medium weight – perfect for over an under armour turtle neck in the super cold weather but fine on its own for a little milder days
- Reflective parts for running in the dark!
- Pockets for carrying ID, GUs, Chapstick, etc
- THUMB HOLES!
Can’t wait to test it out, but that won’t be for a while if these summer-like temps keep up!
Tonight’s dinner was inspired by miss Sophia who insisted that I try feta on some veggies! I never liked feta, but actually enjoyed it on a wrap from Au Bon Pain a few weeks ago, so I decided to give it a shot. I made spaghetti squash with veggies, marinara, and feta.
Here’s how I cooked the spaghetti squash:
Step one: Pierce squash all over with a fork and microwave for 3 minutes. Little bubbles will come out of the fork pricks. It’s okay.
Step Two: Slice of ends of squash so it will stand upright, and slice in half long-wise.
Step Three: Place skin side up on a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
Step Four: Let cool for a little bit, then scrape out the top layers of seedy gunk
My squash made two servings – one for tonight and one for lunch tomorrow. I topped my squash with some edamame for protein, some peas for green, tomato sauce, and a little bit of feta.
I am totally a feta newbie, because after trying to crumble it I ended up with Feta in my finger nails! Nothing a little hand washing cant fix, but there has to be an easier way 🙂
The results? I really liked it!! The bites with feta had a nice saltiness to balance out the sweetness in the tomato sauce. I don’t know that the feta is an all the time thing, and it’s a flavor is still pretty strong for me on it’s own, but I liked it in this dish! Thanks Sophia!:)
“Just Because You Can Doesn’t Mean You Should”
After reading the Fitnessista’s post on goals today, I got to thinking about the millions of things I want to do right now.
Among them are:
- My job – I want to learn a ton, excel at my job, and really become a key part of the company
- This Blog – I want to keep building it, write interesting posts, and see where it can go! (Working on becoming a Foodbuzz Featured Publisher right now!!)
- Nutrition Course – I want to complete a course through the AFPA or Integrative Nutrition so that I have more knowledge about the subject and can potentially lead seminars at work
- Harp – I want to get back into taking lessons so I can get more gigs, and potentially start teaching again also!
- Marathon – I really want to train for and complete a marathon!
But then in a program meeting this afternoon, a woman from HR said “Just because you can doesn’t mean you should”. She was referring to her desire to get her MBA. She said that even though she is capable of doing it right now, it’s just not the right time in her life.
This resonated with me on many levels. I really need to figure out what is most important to me RIGHT NOW and maybe do some of the other things in the future. Specifically, if I’m training for a marathon this spring, I should probably hold off on the nutrition course. I just want to be able to succeed at what I choose to do, not half-ass tons of things.
I think the same advice can be applied to every day life. Just because I CAN go to Notre Dame this weekend, doesn’t mean I should! I will wind up more exhausted and stressed out than when I left!
- How are you fitting in all the things you want to do right now? Prioritizing? Making any sacrifices?