My Morning Off
The verdict? Alex liked the tempeh sloppy joes! He said he’d definitely eat them again and that I might be converting him. He was completely joking but I’m going to pretend otherwise.
So since I decided to workout after work today, I had the morning off! It seems great and all, but my body wakes up so early and I really didn’t know what I was going to do with myself. It feels so strange to not get in a good sweat to start the day.
Turns out my morning went like this:
- 7am – naturally wake up an hour later than usual since I went to bed an hour later than usual
- 7:15 – go wake up sleeping beauty in the basement and proceeded to flip back and forth between The Today Show (me) and Sports Center (him)
- 8:15 – hop in the shower because it feels like something I should do. Didn’t wash my hair (hair looks so much better the next day) Got ready in my own bathroom…a novelty!
- 8:40 – head downstairs to find Alex and my mother chatting over the kitchen island. Make my hot lemon water at home just because I can. Breakfast is packed to be eaten at work like usual
- 8:45 – Alex drives me to work. And then I accidentally kept my key fob (I have an automatic start button) and didn’t tell him our garage code. Good thing I have an extra key at home. And a cell phone.
It was wonderful! When we were watching TV Alex asked me if my parents were home and I had no clue. I seriously have no idea what my parents do in the morning since I’m always the first one out of the house. Turns out my Dad was at work but my Mom didn’t have to go in until later, and it was really nice to be able to see her in the morning. Something to look forward to when I can start running outside again in the morning!
Please disregard my dirty mirror.
I was a bit generous with the SFSbutter today. It just clumped together and I couldn’t help it 🙂
Alex is coming back to check out my new office and get lunch with me! I think I’m going to take him to Nadoz, the little cafe my brother and I discovered last week. He loves any place that serves breakfast all day so it should be a win.
- What does your morning routine look like?