2011 Goals: May Review
We got beach towels and sailor hats at our sales meeting today.
I’ve been wearing it around all day and people keep giving me weird smiles because they don’t know if I’m serious or not.
Is it seriously June? How did that happen? Every year goes by quicker and quicker..not sure how I feel about it! But since another month has passed, it’s time to see how I did on my 2011 goals.
- Eat dinner with my family more: Yeah still not happening. I make my own meals and my parents make/heat up/pick up theirs. They’ve been eating super late and I’ve been trying to eat earlier. But if I can I go into the kitchen and chat with them. In an ideal world my mother and I would have time to coordinate our dinners each night and try to share veggies etc…
- Tell my dad I love him more: Said it in his birthday card! That counts, right?
- Visit at least one out of town friend this year: I got to see a BUNCH of friends this month, but didn’t go on any trips specifically for that. I saw high school friends that came to St. Louis, college friends in Chicago, and roommates at the Indy 500. Each was a reminder of why I love my friends so much.
- Successfully complete my first marathon: Over and done with. Feels like so long ago now!
- focus more on strength training: I’ve still been getting in more strength training, and recently finished the book “The New Rules of Weight Lifting for Women”. It got me really excited to start doing more beneficial exercises and using heavier weights. I’m hoping to actually use the workouts in the program soon…potentially committing to the full deal.
- Pray every day: I’ve been reading my daily prayer booklet, but I don’t really like it that much. It’s just some woman’s random thoughts on scripture passages and they don’t always make sense. I want to find a new one.
- be the best where I am RIGHT NOW at work: I’m very ready to be done with my current rotation and move onto my next one in July, so it’s taking a lot of effort to stay motivated. But I’m doing my best!
- Own who I am: Mmmhmmmm
I’m thinking I might need to add/remove/revise these goals since we’re halfway through the year and my life is about to change a lot when I move for work. I’ll see what happens!
- Now that the year is half way over, how are you doing with your goals? Any new ones you’re going to make?
- Do you like my sailor hat?